Kippax & Villages East Children’s Centres are here to provide services for families with children under 5 years old. These services are available across both our centres and our satellite venues. Our areas include Kippax, Allerton Bywater, Great Preston, Ledsham, Ledston, Methley and Swillington.
These services include:
- Nursery provision at Kippax Children’s Centre for children entitled to the 2 Year Old Nursery Education Grant – contact us for more information or to find out if your child is eligible
- Groups and courses for parents/carers and their children to enjoy together. Most groups are drop-in but some need booking as they have limited spaces.
- Keeping in contact with you at home, via leafleting and Outreach services.
- Offering one to one help and support, to ensure families achieve the 5 Every Child Matters outcomes: Enjoy & Achieve, Make a Positive Contribution, Stay Safe, Be Healthy and Enjoy Economic Wellbeing.
- Baby clinics (Growing Together) giving families the opportunity to get their babies weighed or speak to Health staff.
- Breastfeeding – Peer Support
- Links with registered childminders & other childcare providers for parents/carers.
- Support for childminders, including signposting to groups.
- Links with Housing.
- Referral to other agencies depending on individual family needs.
- Working closely with Health Visitors and Community Nursery Nurses as part of an Early Start Team.
If you would like any more information or require support, please call us!
WHICH GROUP WHICH SERVICE?
Stay & Play/Birth to Walking
An opportunity for parents/carers and children to play and socialise together in a safe, inspiring environment! Children will have access to a wide range of play materials and activities which will encourage learning and development.
Please contact us for more details.
The Children’s Centre and your local health visiting team are working together supporting you and your family pre-birth up until your child goes to full time school.
Pre Nursery Groups
Is your child starting Nursery? Pre Nursery group is a session for parents/carers and children that provides activities aimed to prepare your child for their first big step into Nursery.
8-10 month/2 year reviews
Your local Health Visiting Team invites you into the Children’s Centre to offer support and to discuss your child’s development. Your Health Visiting Team will contact you to arrange this appointment.
Well Baby Clinic
Run by your Health Visiting team with an opportunity to weigh your baby and seek advice – (Appointment only at Villages East and Kippax Children’s Centre)
Individual Support and Outreach
The Children’s Centre offer families individual support both in the centre and at home. Outreach workers at the centre are on hand to help and advise on issues such as employment, training and education, childcare, parenting, finance and housing…..to name a few!
This 12 week parent and toddler programme looks at:
- Helping toddlers feel loved and secured
- Encourage toddler’s language, social and emotional development
- Helping to establish clear and predictable routines and boundaries
- Helping toddlers to handle separations and reunions
- Limit setting and handling Toddlers behaviour positively
- Using positive guidance to manage behaviour